Use of Chainsaw from a MEWP Course (previously CS47) Unit 311 C&G
Working at height with a chainsaw can be dangerous and it is essential when doing so that you have the confidence and expertise in order to avoid any accidents.
Our use of a chainsaw from a mobile elevated work platform (MEWP) course will provide you with the appropriate techniques and safety guidelines to ensure that you are confident at height whilst using a chainsaw and also make you aware of the relevant health and safety guidelines ensuring that you stay protected. This course will prepare you for the City and Guilds/NPTC assessment CS47
Who is it for?
If you work in the arboriculture, forestry, utility industries, horticulture, landscaping or grounds maintenance industries, and currently use, or are going to have to use a chainsaw from a mobile elevated work platform, then our ‘Use of a Chainsaw from a MEWP’ course is for you. This course is physical, so you must be fit, and not on any medication that could affect your judgement or safety. This course is not for you if you suffer from vertigo or a similar condition.
In order to participate in this course you must already have: CS30 and CS31 or Units 201, 202 & 203 and a MEWP certificate (see our relevant courses if required)
- Legislation and industry best practice in relation to MEWPs and chainsaw use
- Risk assessment
- Prepare MEWP for use
- Achieve work position
- Remove lateral limbs
- Final pruning cuts
- Tie basic knots and install a pulling rope
- Remove vertical stem sections
- Final clean up
- Title: Chainsaw from a MEWP
- Course Code: Unit 311 (previously CS47)
- Cost: £220 plus VAT to include Registration, C&G/NPTC Assessment, Certificate & ID Card.
Prices may vary depending on location and/or numbers.
- Duration: 1 day training + 1/2 day City & Guilds NPTC Assessment
Chainsaw Maintenance and Cross-Cutting (Units 201/202)
Felling and Processing Trees up to 380mm (Unit 203) Must hold a current MEWP Certificate - We can provide training for this.
Learners will require...
- Chainsaw safety helmet.
- Ear defenders.
- Visor or safety goggles.
- Chainsaw trousers (Type A).
- Chainsaw gloves.
- Chainsaws boots.
- Hi-viz clothing.
- Rear handled chainsaw (maximum bar length 15”), c/w maintenance tools.
- Fuel/oil in appropriate container for chainsaw.
- Packed lunch.