Mobile Elevated Work Platform (MEWP) Lantra ITA
This course will equip candidates with the knowledge and confidence to operate a mobile elevated work platform (MEWP) safely, protecting both themselves and others. There are a range of certificate options depending on needs, including scissor lifts, vertical towers, articulating boom lifts, telescopic boom lifts, spider lifts, vehicle mounted, static, or trailed.
When undertaking MEWP training at Morton Park candidates will complete training on a trailed, telescopic boom lift (Niftylift 120T), but clients are welcome to provide their own MEWP if preferred.
Who is it for?
Our course is for you if you work in the land-based or construction industry and currently use, or are going to be using a boom mobile elevated work platform.
Once you have completed the course and passed, you will receive a certificate of training in MEWPs, the certificate will be endorsed with the type of MEWP you trained on.
- Construction, components and controls
- Specific legislation/guidance on MEWPs (PUWER and LOLER)
- Pre start checks and emergency procedures
- Risk assessment
- Using an assistant (banksman)
- Operating machine from the ground and platform
- Clearing debris and leaving site tidy
- Packing away machine and transportation
- Title: Mobile Elevated Work Platform (MEWP)
- Cost: £340+VAT per person to include Lantra training, assessment, certificate, ID card, and MEWP hire.
Prices may vary depending on location, numbers, and training requirements.
- Duration: 2 days
This course can be completed before 'Use of a Chainsaw from a MEWP' training, to prepare candidates for the Level 2 award in MEWP and Level 3 award in Chainsaw from a MEWP.
Learners will require...
- Operator instruction book and attachments.
- Overalls and wet weather clothing.
- High visibility jacket.
- PPE (minimum hard hat, safety harness, work gloves, safety boots, lanyard and karabiners).
- Notebook and pencil.
- Packed lunch.
This is a Lantra ITA course
This means the training and assessment is carried out during the course by your instructor. You will receive both a certificate of training and an ID card (if you provide a photo!) This method saves time and is usually cheaper although the level of training is identical to Independent Assessment.