Felling and Processing Trees up to 380mm (previously CS31) (previously CS31/Unit 203) Unit 202 C&G
Our Felling Small Trees up to 380mm (15″) course will provide you with the appropriate techniques and safety guidelines to ensure that you are not only confident when using a chainsaw but also aware of relevant health and safety guidelines ensuring that you stay protected.
Who is it for?
This course is available for anyone who is required to operate chainsaws for felling to guide bar length (Max 15″). This course is physical, so you must be fit and able to carry out the tasks required of the course.
The course will prepare you for assessment for NPTC Level 2 Award in Felling and Processing Trees up to 380mm. Our course will last for three days, daylight permitting, however it may be that further guidance is required for some course attendees. You will have completed CS30/Units 201/202 or may combine CS30/Units 201/202 and CS31/Unit 203 as a 4 or 5 day course.
- Identify the risk assessment and emergency procedures on a work site.
- Organise site safety and state the procedures required.
- Assess the trees to be felled for hazards and risks.
- Fell trees that have a diameter of less then the effective cutting length of the guide bar. Guide bar length not to exceed 380mm/15″.
- Assess a leaning tree and the safest method of felling.
- Make accurate cuts in the correct positions.
- Delimb felled trees in a safe and methodical manner.
- Cross-cut timber accurately to required lengths.
- Assess and explain the terms ‘tension’ and ‘compression’ in timber.
- Adopt safe procedures to remove a trapped guide bar.
- Handle and stack timber in a safe manner.
- Assess a hung-up tree and the safest method of takedown.
- Select and prepare equipment required for safe and effective takedown.
- Take down hung-up trees to a safe and stable position.
- State unsafe practices which must not be adopted.
- Title: Felling and Processing Trees up to 380mm
- Course Code: Unit 202 (previously CS31/Unit 203)
- Cost: £595+VAT per person to include Registration & City & Guilds/NPTC Assessment and ID Card.
Prices may vary depending on location and/or numbers.
- Duration: 3 days training + 1/2 day Assessment
- Pre-requisites: Chainsaw Maintenance and Cross-Cutting (Unit 201)
Learners will require...
- Chainsaws as per HSE guidance
- Operator’s maintenance kit and equipment
- 2-stroke fuel and saw chain oil
- Packed lunch
This course requires completion of Chainsaw Maintenance and Cross-Cutting (Unit 201)
NB. Units 201 and 201 can be combined:
Duration: 4 days training + 1/2 day Assessment (See separate page on our website for details).