Aerial Tree Rigging Course (previously CS41) Unit 309 C&G
Our dismantling course will provide you with the appropriate techniques and safety guidelines to ensure that you are not only comfortable dismantling trees but also aware of relevant health and safety guidelines.
Who is it for?
If you work as an arborist and want to dismantle trees safely and professionally then this course is for you. You will need to have CS30,31,38 and 39 or Units 201, 202, 203, 206, 306 & 308. The course will prepare you for the City and Guilds/NPTC – Award in Aerial Tree Rigging. You may wish to complete Unit 207 Support Colleagues Undertaking Off Ground Tree Related Operations.
- Understanding the legislation and safety guidelines pertaining to the site.
- Undertaking a risk assessment and brief ground staff.
- Carrying out pre-start checks to the chainsaw, cold and hot starting techniques.
- Using appropriate techniques for establishing secure and comfortable work positions.
- Removing tree limbs
- Removing vertical sections by various techniques.
- Lowering of limbs and sections
- Title: Aerial Tree Rigging
- Course Code: Unit 309 (previously CS41)
- Cost: £520 plus VAT per person to include Registration, City & Guilds/ NPTC Assessment, Certificate and ID card. PRICE IS BASED ON A THREE DAY COURSE.
Prices may vary depending on location and/or numbers.
- Duration: 2 - 5 days training depending on experience.
Chainsaw Maintenance and Cross-Cutting (Units 201/202)
Felling and Processing Trees up to 380mm (Unit 203) and
Tree Climbing & Aerial Rescue (Units 206 & 306) and
Aerial Cutting of Trees using Freefall Techniques (Unit 308)
NB. Inexperienced operators may need more time
Learners will require...
- Chainsaw, Top or rear handled.
- Climbing equipment
- Hand saw for tree work
- First aid kit
- Tools, fuel and oil
- Lowering equipment
- Packed lunch