Basic Tree Climbing and Aerial Rescue (previously CS38) Unit 203 C&G
Tree work can be very dangerous, and it is essential that you have training in order to ensure that you are fully protected, and aware of all the safety issues. Our basic tree climbing and aerial rescue course will provide you with key information and practical guidance so that you are able to work safely and securely in the trees.
This course can also be completed at the same time as Aerial Cutting of Trees Using Freefall Techniques – Unit 308 (CS39 as was). Please click here for details. There is as cost saving to completing both together!
Who is it for?
Our course is for anyone who works with trees, and needs training in basic tree climbing and aerial rescue. Naturally you will need to be physically fit, not be on medication that could affect your safety in any way, and importantly not suffer from a fear of heights!
Our course also provides you with the knowledge and skills needed for the NTPC Level 2 Award in ‘Tree Climbing and Rescue’.
- Understand the legislation relating to tree climbing.
- Identify a range of personal protective equipment
- Inspect Climbing Harness and Identify Features
- Tie, dress and set a range of tree climbing knots.
- Identify hazards and manage the associated risks.
- Choose appropriate anchor points.
- Use techniques for safe, efficient ascent and descent.
- Understand the duties of a competent ground person.
- Establish safe and comfortable work positions.
- Understand correct final pruning position and the 1-2-3 method of branch removal.
- Carry out aerial rescue techniques.
- Title: Tree Climbing & Aerial Rescue
- Course Code: Unit 203 (previously CS38)
- Cost: £895+VAT to include training, City and Guilds/NPTC assessment, certificate and ID card
Prices may vary depending on location and/or numbers.
- Duration: 5 days plus assessment on an additional day
- Pre-requisites: None
Learners will require...
- Personal tree climbing equipment.
- Ropes, karabiners and other equipment for aerial rescue.
- Personal first aid kit attached to harness.
- Packed Lunch.