Woodchipper Training Lantra ITA
This one day Woodchippers training course will provide you with the appropriate techniques and safety guidelines to ensure that you are aware of relevant health and safety guidelines making sure you stay protected.
Wood chippers are powerful pieces of equipment and if they are not used correctly they have the potential to cause injury, this makes having training essential.
Once you have successfully carried out this course you will receive a certificate of training in Woodchippers.
Who is it for?
Our Lantra Woodchipper course will suit you if you work in the arboriculture, forestry, horticulture, landscaping or grounds maintenance industries, and you operate a Woodchipper.
The course normally takes one day, however if you are inexperienced, and therefore require more time to fully understand all the of courses information, it may take a little longer.
- Risk assessment and emergency procedures
- Health and safety guidelines and legislation
- Personal protective equipment
- Pre-use checks and machine features
- Routine checks and maintenance
- Cutting mechanism
- Start the machine and carry out safety checks
- Prepare work area and range of materials and identify hazardous materials not to be chipped
- Operation of woodchipper
- Unblocking chipper
- End-uses of woodchips and hazards from woodchips
- Cleaning, transport and storage
We can also provide City & Guilds / NPTC Assessment for this course at an extra cost if required.
- Title: Woodchippers
- Cost: £195 plus VAT per person to include Training, Registration, Certificate & ID card, and chipper hire.
**Group discount may be available**
Prices may vary depending on location and/or numbers.
- Duration: 1 Day
- Pre-requisites: None
Learners will require...
- Packed lunch
This is a Lantra ITA course
This means the training and assessment is carried out during the course by your instructor. You will receive both a certificate of training and an ID card (if you provide a photo!) This method saves time and is usually cheaper although the level of training is identical to Independent Assessment.