Health and Safety and Risk Management in Winching Course Lantra ITA
Our Health and Safety and Risk Management in Winching course, aims to give you the practical knowledge that you need in order to understand health and safety requirements, best practice and risk assessment in relation to the vehicle mounted or hand operated winch, making sure that you are aware of the risks when using this equipment, so safe working practices can be implemented.
Who is it for?
If you are required to operate, or are going to operate a hand or mechanical winch on or off the road, then this course can help provide you with the safety knowledge required. Once the course has been completed individual assessment will be carried out and if you reach the required standard then you will receive the nationally recognised certificate in Health and Safety and Risk Management in Winching.
Our Lantra course can be held at any time of the year providing the ground conditions are suitable, and if you are a more experienced operator and complete the experienced operator declaration form then the course will last for just one day.
If you are a novice, then this course will last for two days.
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Site risk assessment and management
- Winch types and associated equipment
- Object to be moved
- Method of winching
- Practical winching (including assessment)
- Title: Winching
- Cost: £155 plus VAT per person to include Training, Registration, Assessment, Certificate and ID card.
Prices may vary depending on location and/or numbers.
- Duration: 1 day (Novice Users may need more time)
- Pre-requisites: None
Learners will require...
- Vehicle with fitted winch or hand winch complying with safety regulations in a well-maintained state
- First aid kit
- Associated equipment, for example shackles, chains, strops, ropes
- Safety boots
- Suitable clothing for the weather expected
- Operator's instruction books for own machinery
- Packed Lunch
This is a Lantra ITA course
This means the training and assessment is carried out during the course by your instructor. You will receive both a certificate of training and an ID card (if you provide a photo!) This method saves time and is usually cheaper although the level of training is identical to Independent Assessment.