Stem Injection PA6INJ C&G
Pesticides are very widely and successfully used in land-based industries, but they can be potentially harmful substances, therefore it is essential that they are handled, applied and stored correctly, therefore making training essential. Our Stem Injection training course has experienced instructors who will guide you through the appropriate and safe use of equipment.
Who is it for?
Our one day course (half day if you hold PA6A) focusing on the stem injection method of applying pesticides for the control of invasive species such as Japanese knotweed, Himalayan balsam, giant hog weed etc.
This course will help you develop your knowledge of health and safety requirements and application techniques, and prepare you for the City and Guilds/NPTC Level 2 award in Operating Hand held Pesticide Injection Equipment (PA6INJ).
Before attending this course you will already have a qualification in Safe Use of Pesticides (PA1)
- Legislative and safety regulation relating to pesticide injection equipment
- Assess environmental factors relating to the site
- Complete an environmental risk assessment
- Read and interpret product information
- Prepare and calibrate the pesticide injection equipment
- Inject pesticides
- Post operational procedures
- Title: Stem Injection
- Course Code: PA6INJ
- Cost: £375+VAT per candidate to include training, City & Guilds/NPTC assessment, certificate, and ID card (Full day training plus assessment for candidates who do not already have PA6A)
£245+VAT to include training, City & Guilds/NPTC assessment, certificate, and ID card (Half day training plus assessment for candidates who have a recent PA6A qualification)
Prices may vary depending on location and/or numbers
- Duration: 1 day plus assessment (candidates without a recent PA6A qualification)
Half day plus assessment (candidates who have a recent PA6A qualification)
- Pre-requisites: Safe Use of Pesticides (PA1)
This qualification can also be delivered through Lantra; ask for details
Learners will require...
- PPE (nitrile gloves, face shield, coverall, and wellington boots)
- Calculator and writing materials
- Applicator - A minimum of one CLEAN applicator is required between two learners
- Product labels - Learners are encouraged to bring clean examples of product labels, but will be provided with one for training
- Packed lunch
This course requires completion of Safe Use of Pesticides (PA1)
Candidates must have a PA1 qualification (City and Guilds/NPTC or Lantra)