Slinger/Signaller Lantra ITA
This training course has been developed to help you understand the roles and responsibilities of a Slinger/Signaller.
Who is it for?
The training course will consist of theory and practical sessions, followed by assessment. Course sessions include:
- Describe the key requirements of health and safety legislation
- Define the responsibilities of those involved in lifting operations
- Interpret and apply the information within lifting plans
- Explain the use and limitations of equipment and accessories
- Describe how to care, maintain and store equipment and accessories
- Locate and interpret information located on tags and labels
- Inspect lifting equipment and accessories before and after use
- Evaluate loads and select the most appropriate lifting equipment
- Create a basic lift plan
- Demonstrate how to attach and prepare a variety of loads for movement using the appropriate equipment and accessories
- Employ clear methods of communication and signals to direct safe movement of the load
- Demonstrate how to safely detach and store lifting equipment on completion of movement.
- Title: Slinger/Signaller
- Cost: £190 plus VAT per person to include Training, Registration, Assessment, Certificate & ID Card.
Prices may vary depending on location and/or numbers.
- Duration: 1 Day including assessment.
This is a Lantra ITA course
This means the training and assessment is carried out during the course by your instructor. You will receive both a certificate of training and an ID card (if you provide a photo!) This method saves time and is usually cheaper although the level of training is identical to Independent Assessment.