Skid Steer Loader Lantra ITA
This training course has been developed to help you understand how to operate a skid steer loader safely.
The amount of instruction you will require will depend largely upon your previous experience and sessions will be adapted to meet your needs.
The training course will consist of theory and practical sessions, followed by assessment. Course sessions include:
- Plant Safety and the Law
- Machine Knowledge and Preparation for Work
- Travelling and Manoeuvring the Machine
- Machine Operation
- Securing Loads and Safe Transportation
- Theory Assessment
- Practical Assessment.
If successful in meeting the required standards assessed, you will be awarded a certificate of competence and a Lantra skills ID card for your chosen certificate option.
Who is it for?
This course is for you if you need to become proficient in safely operating a skid steer loader.
As you’ll appreciate, this course contains some practical activity that will require a minimum level of fitness.
- Describe the key requirements of health, safety and environmental legislation
- Interpret and comply with drawings, specifications, schedules, risk assessments and manufacturers’ operator’s manuals (MOMs) related to the plant or machinery operations and the work to be carried out
- Identify the hazards associated with plant or machinery operations and put the appropriate control measures in place
- Identify and explain the purpose of machine components and operator controls
- Conduct all operational and pre-start checks
- Prepare the skid steer loader for site and highway travel
- Drive the skid steer loader safely over varying types of terrain
- Operate the skid steer loader safely in restricted spaces
- Configure the bucket to excavate
- Demonstrate how to safely attach and remove different types of buckets and ancillaries
- Select the appropriate loading techniques to perform essential tasks
- Operate plant and machinery to excavate ground and loose materials to given work instructions
- Perform excavation activities in a variety of soil types
- Demonstrate how to safely place spoil into transporting vehicles
- Demonstrate how to grade, spread and level different types of material
- Shut down and secure plant or machinery
- Describe the procedures used for loading and unloading skid steer loaders when transported on a trailer.
- Title: Skid Steer Loader
- Cost: 1 day (refresher): £350+VAT per person to include Lantra training, assessment, certificate, ID card.
2 days (novice): £695+VAT per person to include Lantra training, assessment, certificate, ID card.
Hire not included. Costs based on full course of 2 people.
Some learners may require additional training, at an extra cost.
Prices may vary depending on location and/or numbers.
- Duration: 1 to 2 days
Learners will require...
- Operator instruction book for all machinery and attachments.
- Overalls and wet weather clothing.
- High visibility jacket.
- PPE (eye, head, foot and hand protection).
- Packed lunch.
This is a Lantra ITA course
This means the training and assessment is carried out during the course by your instructor. You will receive both a certificate of training and an ID card (if you provide a photo!) This method saves time and is usually cheaper although the level of training is identical to Independent Assessment.