Sit-Astride ATVs including Loads and Trailed Equipment Lantra ITA
Sit-Astride ATVs are very versatile vehicles with a range of attachments including trailers, sprayers and spreaders making them an effective and flexible business tool. However even the most experienced ATV riders can find themselves in a potentially dangerous situation, and without the proper training serious accidents can occur.
Our Lantra sit-astride ATVs – including Loads and Trailed Equipment course has experienced instructors who will guide you through the training to make sure that you are able to use the sit-astride ATV safely and with confidence, and that the key fundamentals of driving, loading and Health and Safety are covered.
Once you have successfully carried out this course you will receive a certificate of training for sit-astride ATVs – including Loads and Trailed Equipment.
Who is it for?
Our sit-astride ATVs – including loads and trailed equipment course is for anyone who uses a sit-astride ATV as part of their work. The course can be between 1 and 3 days depending on experience.
- Accident prevention
- What is an ATV?
- Daily/Safety checks
- Possible problems
- Route planning – risk assessment
- Familiarisation with instruments and controls
- Starting and stopping the machine
- Driving the machine – basic manoeuvres
- Ascend/Descend/Traverse safely
- Limitations of loaded ATVs
- Driving with loads and trailed equipment
- Load and secure for transport (if appropriate)
We can also provide City & Guilds / NPTC Assessment for this course at an extra cost if required.
- Title: Sit-Astride ATVs
- Cost: £155 plus VAT per person to include Training, Registration, Assessment, Certificate & ID card.
Prices may vary depending on location and/or numbers.
- Duration: Experienced Operators - 1 day (Novice Operators may need more time)
- Pre-requisites: None
Learners will require...
- Motorcycle type crash helmet, which may be open face or full face style (must be fully approved).
- Overalls, protective clothing and boots.
- Eye protection.
- Packed lunch
This is a Lantra ITA course
This means the training and assessment is carried out during the course by your instructor. You will receive both a certificate of training and an ID card (if you provide a photo!) This method saves time and is usually cheaper although the level of training is identical to Independent Assessment.