Safe Use of Pesticides Course PA1 C&G
Pesticides are very widely and successfully used in land-based industries, but they can be potentially harmful substances, therefore it is essential that they are handled, applied and stored correctly. It is a legal requirement for all those using Pesticides to hold the appropriate City and Guilds/NPTC PA units. This therefore makes training essential and our Safe Use of Pesticides course will guide you through the key elements of using pesticides safely, and prepare you for the PA1 online assessment.
Who is it for?
Our one day training course is for you if you are employed within the agriculture or horticulture industries, and if you are responsible for the storage, handling and application of pesticides. This course will help you develop your knowledge of health and safety and legislation enabling you to work safely and effectively out in the field.
If you are registered with the NRoSO and/or BASIS (NRoSO = 12 points, BASIS = 12 points).
It is important that you are able to read and interpret product information in order to participate in this course.
- Understand your duties under the law and help you become a safe and competent pesticide user.
- Understand what pesticides are and their ‘field of use’.
- State legislation relevant to pesticide application.
- Interpret and use label information.
- Take the appropriate action to protect themselves and the environment.
- Store and transport pesticides safely.
- Dispose of the pesticides and containers safely.
- Record information.
- Title: Safe Use of Pesticides
- Course Code: PA1
- Cost: £260 plus VAT per person to include City & Guilds NPTC Assessments in PA1.
Prices may vary depending on location and/or numbers.
- Duration: 1 day + online Assessment
- Pre-requisites: None
** Group Discounts may be available **