Professional Tree Inspection Lantra ITA
This Lantra 3-day course aims to provide specific tree inspection training at an advanced level for competent arboriculturists. This will enable you to identify defects from ground level, from a climbed inspection or inspection aided by the use of a Mobile Elevated Working Platform (MEWP)*.
This professional tree inspection training course will train candidates how to specify the necessary remedial works and record the inspection process; this would then form a part of a defensible system.
At the end of the course candidates will undertake an assessment. The course is not aimed at covering report writing; however, presentation of findings will be examined and advice given.
*Tree climbing and use of MEWP will not be required during the course
Who is it for?
In order to be considered for this course, candidates must be experienced and qualified arboriculturists with in-depth knowledge of plant and arboricultural science. This will need to include a thorough knowledge of wood decaying fungi, identification and interpretation of signs and symptoms of ill health and structural failure across a wide range of tree species and circumstances. Candidates will need to be thoroughly experienced in carrying out tree inspections and surveys and will be professionally involved in arboriculture, specifically tree inspection.
- The legal framework
- Basic inspection
- The tree
- Visual tree assessment
- Principal fungi decay organisms
- Mechanical symptoms of defects
- Tree inspection equipment
- Data recording
- Making and writing remedial actions
- Hazard evaluation
- Introduction to decay detection and measuring equipment
- Title: Professional Tree Inspection
- Cost: £750+VAT per person to include Lantra training, assessment, certificate, and ID card.
Lunch and refreshments will be provided each day.
- Duration: 3 days
- Pre-requisites: Candidates must be experienced in Tree Inspection, carrying out tree surveys and making management recommendations. Ideally they should hold a minimum level 3 qualification in Arboriculture and have an in-depth knowledge of plant and arboricultural science.
Learners will require...
- Learners should bring with them outdoor clothing, including a ‘Hi-viz’ jacket or waistcoat, as there will be a number of practical tree inspection exercises over the three days
- Pro-forma record sheets
- Mallet and probe
- Diameter tape
- Height measuring device (Hypsometer, clinometer and so on)
This is a Lantra ITA course
This means the training and assessment is carried out during the course by your instructor. You will receive both a certificate of training and an ID card (if you provide a photo!) This method saves time and is usually cheaper although the level of training is identical to Independent Assessment.