Professional Bed Bug Control Lantra ITA
This course is designed to help people plan and carry out effective bed bug control and management. It is intended to give candidates a full working knowledge of both the biology and behaviour of the insects, their habitats and the reasons for their control. Furthermore, it aims to highlight the some of the risks associated with their control.
For those wishing to do this as an online eLearning course – please click here for details.
Who is it for?
Our one day training course covering bed bug control is for people who are looking to learn about and attain a certificate in the biology and control methods.
Once you have successfully completed and passed the knowledge assessment you will receive a certificate of training. If you have further career aspirations in pest control then this course will also count towards evidence of achievement of a Level 2 Award in Pest Control.
- Legislation that affects pest management
- Common terms for using biocides
- Public health biocides product labels
- Safe storage and transport of biocides
- Disposal of biocides and containers
- Keeping biocide records
- Introduction and lifecycle of bed bugs
- Biology and behaviour
- Bed bug population changes
- Signs of an infestation
- Reasons for control
- Safety and legislation
- Non-chemical treatment options
- Chemical control
- Commercial bed bug management.
- Title: Professional Bed Bug Control
- Cost: £155 plus VAT per person to include Training, Registration, Assessment, Certificate & ID Card.
Prices may vary depending on location and/or numbers.
- Duration: 1 Day
This is a Lantra ITA course
This means the training and assessment is carried out during the course by your instructor. You will receive both a certificate of training and an ID card (if you provide a photo!) This method saves time and is usually cheaper although the level of training is identical to Independent Assessment.