Individual Windblown Trees (previously CS34 & CS35) Unit 308 C&G
Our course in dealing with uprooted and windblown trees, will provide you with the opportunity to practise and update your skills, appropriate techniques and safety guidelines required in order to ensure that you are not only confident when using a chainsaw but also aware of the relevant health and safety guidelines in relation to dealing with uprooted and windblown trees.
Once you have completed and passed the course you will gain a recognised certificate in training for Individual Windblown Trees – Unit 308. This replaces the old CS34 and CS35 units.
Who is it for?
This course is specifically aimed at people who are required to deal with a variety of windblown trees. You will have prior chainsaw operating experience and be certified in chainsaw maintenance and basic and advanced felling techniques.
You will have the appropriate old units CS30, CS31 and CS32 or the new Units 201 & 202, 203 and 301.
- Regulations and safety requirements related to the use of chainsaws.
- Assessing lying windblown and broken timber and make decisions on appropriate action.
- Cut windblown trees using appropriate techniques.
- Operate a winch to control movement of root plates and or stem.
- Dismantling crown of tree.
- Cross cutting and stacking timber.
- Title: Individual Windblown Trees
- Course Code: Unit 308 (previously CS34 & CS35)
- Cost: £455+VAT per person (2 days training plus assessment)
£705+VAT per person (combined with Assisted Felling, 3 days training plus assessment)
Costs include training, City and Guilds/NPTC assessment, certificate, and ID card.
Prices may vary depending on location and/or numbers.
- Duration: 2 days plus assessment (windblown trees only)
3 days plus assessment (windblown and assisted felling)
- Pre-requisites: Chainsaw Maintenance, Cross Cutting & Felling up to 380mm (Units 201 & 202)
Learners will require...
- Operator's maintenance kit and equipment.
- Safety equipment to include:
- Chainsaw helmet, Chainsaw gloves, Chainsaw trousers
- Chainsaw boots
- Felling wedges
- Long felling lever
- Hand winch (3,000kg minimum)
- Strops and shackles
- Packed lunch