Granular Applicators Training PA4 (S or G) C&G
Granular applicators can be used to control different landscape ailments such as insects, weeds or diseases. If the Granular Applicator is used correctly then for minimum cost the results obtained will be great, however incorrect use can have the reverse effect. It is therefore important when using the granular applicator that the correct product and settings are chosen, making training a key requirement.
Who is it for?
Our one day course will be applicable to you if you use a vehicle mounted or trailed applicator as part of your job role. This course will help you develop your knowledge and understanding of health and safety requirements, and prepare you for the City and Guilds/NPTC assessment PA4(G or S). If you want to attend this course then you must be able to proficiently operate and drive the vehicle which is being used during the training and have completed a Safe use of Pesticides course.Those who are registered with the NRoSO and/or BASIS (NRoSO =12 points, BASIS = 12 points).
- The basics of granular application
- PPE and personal hygiene
- How the applicator works
- Preparation of the equipment
- Site work
- Decontamination, storage and recording
- Identifying faults
- Title: Granule Applicators
- Course Code: PA4 (S or G)
- Cost: £240 plus VAT per person to include Registration, City & Guilds/NPTC Assessment (NPTC) & Certificate for either S or G. If doing both combined then £290 plus VAT.
Prices may vary depending on location and/or numbers.
- Duration: 1 day + Assessment
- Pre-requisites: Safe Use of Pesticides (PA1)
Learners will require...
- Manufacturers’ instruction manuals for applicators.
- Calculator and writing materials.
- Granular product labels.
- Marker poles.
- Previous handouts from Safe Use of Pesticides course (if applicable).
- Pesticide machinery application charts.
- Applicators relevant to requirements (must be clean and decontaminated inside and out).
- Outdoor clothing, footwear and PPE – face shield, hood, nitrile gloves and coverall type 5.
- Packed lunch.
This course requires completion of Safe Use of Pesticides (PA1)
Costs: £110 + VAT plus £105 + VAT for Assessment
Duration: 1 day + online Assessment