Field Crop Sprayer Training - Boom Sprayer, Hydraulic Nozzle PA2A C&G
Pesticides are very widely and successfully used in land-based industries, but they can be potentially harmful substances, therefore it is essential that they are handled, applied and stored correctly, therefore making training essential. Our Field Crop Sprayer training course has experienced instructors who will guide you through the appropriate and safe use of the Boom sprayer.
Who is it for?
Our Field Crop Sprayer course is for anyone who uses vehicle mounted / trailer boom spraying equipment (hydraulic nozzle) as part of their work.
If you would like to attend this course you must be able to proficiently use, and drive the particular vehicle(s) used during the training, you also should have attended the Safe Use of Pesticides course. This course will prepare you for the City and Guilds/NPTC assessment PA2A
- Basics of spray application
- The working principles of a hydraulic sprayer
- Preparation of machinery for work
- Calibration in practice
- Mixing and filling/essential PPE
- Field work
- Sprayer decontamination, disposal of washings and machine storage
- Title: Field Crop Sprayer
- Course Code: PA2A
- Cost: £275 plus VAT per person to include Registration, City & Guilds NPTC Assessment & Certificate.
Prices may vary depending on location and/or numbers.
- Duration: 1 day + Assessment
- Pre-requisites: Safe Use of Pesticides (PA1)
Learners will require...
- Calculator and writing materials.
- Instruction manual for sprayers.
- Handouts from the Safe Use of Pesticides course.
- Product labels - Learners are encouraged to bring clean examples of product labels.
- Personal Protective Equipment.
- Measuring jugs, large and small.
- Packed lunch.
- A minimum of one sprayer is required for every two learners.
This course requires completion of Safe Use of Pesticides (PA1)
Duration: 1 day + online assessment