eLearning – Rodent Control on Farms Lantra
This eLearning course approved by the Campaign for Responsible Rodenticide Use (CRRU) Training and Certification Working Group is designed to help people plan and carry out rat and mouse control in an agricultural setting. It is intended to provide a full working knowledge of both preventive and curative methods to be able to plan, implement and monitor a control programme that is appropriate to the situation, assessing and using the most efficient and safe methods and with due regard to the environment.
This course provides an opportunity to gain an industry recognised certificate. It is the responsibility of anyone carrying out rodent control to be familiar with the relevant legislation concerning the humane and effective management of rat and mouse problems. Whilst guidance is given during the course on the main legislation and its relevance to rodent control, it is essential that those engaged in pest control should keep up to date with changes in legislation that may affect pests or pest control.
The training will provide you with an understanding of why it is necessary to control rodents, the biology and behaviour of rodents and legislation associated with rodent control. You will understand what information is required when carrying out a survey and the non-chemical methods available to control rodents as well as the current rodenticides and formulations how they work, how to transport them, safe disposal and the importance of completing documentation.
Once successfully completed and the assessments passed a certificate of training is available for download or print.
To register and pay for this course please click here.
Who is it for?
Our eLearning course is for anyone who wishes to control rodents and undertake pest control predominantly in land-based or related industries. This course provides an opportunity to gain an industry recognised certificate that became a requirement for users from June 2016.
- Understand your responsibilities under the law and help you become a safe and competent biocide user
- Interpret and use product label information
- Store and transport biocides safely
- Dispose of biocides and containers safely
- Record information correctly
- Identify rats and mice and the typical symptoms of damage caused
- Identify non-target species
- Identify the degree and source of an infestation
- State the legislative obligations and responsibilities relevant to the control of rats and mice
- Describe the lifestyle, habits and habitats of rats and mice
- Plan, implement and monitor an effective control programme for rats and mice
- Select and carry out the most appropriate methods of rat and mouse control, in line with current legal guidelines and recognised good practice
- Understand the effect rodent control can have on the environment and ensure risks to non-target animals are minimised.
- Title: eLearning – Rodent Control on Farms
- Cost: £59.95 plus VAT
- Duration: Online - Complete at your own pace. Approx 1.5 to 2.0 hours.