Clearing Saw Lantra ITA
The clearing saw is a powerful piece of equipment mainly used to clear woodland, bushes and undergrowth. It allows the ability to get a normally difficult to reach areas, and due to it being a hand held mobile piece of equipment it is important that it’s used correctly and adequate training has taken place to ensure that accidents do not happen.
Our Clearing Saws integrated training and assessment course has experienced instructors who will make sure that you use the
clearing saw safely and with confidence, and that you understand the relevant regulations and safety requirements.
Once you have successfully carried out this course you will receive a Lantra certificate of training in Clearing Saws.
Who is it for?
Our one day trainig course in Clearing Saws is available to you if you are a more experienced operator, and will provide you with the opportunity to update and practice your skills and again certification. This course is physical so you must be fit and able to carry out the tasks required in the course programme.
Our course is suited to people who work in:
Forestry, Agriculture, Horticulture, Landscaping and Grounds Maintenance.
Note: If required you can be independently assessed through City and Guilds/NPTC.
- HSE legislation, safety guidelines and risk assessment
- Personal protective equipment
- Health and safety features of a clearing saw
- Power unit maintenance
- Driveshaft, gear and cutting head
- Harness adjustment and fuel Starting the clearing saw and performing pre-cutting tests
- Safety precautions for site preparation and operations
- Clearing saw operation
- Clearing the site and performing clearing saw checks
- Title: Clearing Saw
- Cost: £155 plus VAT per person to include Training, Registration, Assessment, Certificate & ID Card.
Prices may vary depending on location and/or numbers.
- Duration: 1 day
NB Novice operators may need more time.
Learners will require...
- Clearing saw fitted with correct manufacturer’s guard and safety features in accordance with FISA 203.
- PPE as detailed in FISA 203 including Safety Helmet, Hearing Protection, Eye Protection, Work Gloves, Safety Boots and Non-Snag Clothing,
- Correct harness.
- Operator’s handbook and service manual for machine (if available).
This is a Lantra ITA course
This means the training and assessment is carried out during the course by your instructor. You will receive both a certificate of training and an ID card (if you provide a photo!) This method saves time and is usually cheaper although the level of training is identical to Independent Assessment.