Assisted Felling Operations (previously Unit 303) Unit 301 C&G
Tractors and winches are versatile pieces of machinery making them valuable tools within many different sectors.
It is important when using a tractor mounted or hand winch to fell trees that it is done correctly so to ensure that accidents do not happen, so gaining the relevant training is invaluable.
Our assisted Felling course has experienced instructors who will guide you through the training to make sure that you are up to date on using the key pieces of equipment safely and with confidence, and that the key fundamentals and Health and Safety are covered.
Once you have attended this course you will receive a certificate of attendance in Assisted Felling Operations. It will also prepare you to take the relevant NEW Lantra or City and Guilds/NPTC award if you wish.
Who is it for?
Our refresher course is for anyone with experience and will allow you to develop and expand where necessary on the skills and knowledge required in order to operate a tractor or other pieces of equipment safely and competently in order to fell or takedown trees, and gain certification.
In order to participate in this course you must hold the relevant chainsaw NPTC Units CS30, CS31, CS32 or Units 201, 202, 203 & 301.
If you need to fell trees with an effective diameter at felling height greater than 76cm/30″ then you must hold either CS33 or the CS32 (post 2010) or Unit 301. If a tractor winch is used the operator must be competent to use a tractor.
- Risk assessment
- Personal protective equipment
- Felling safely and accurately large or difficult trees over one times guidebar length
- Use of a winch* for directional felling
- Sned or delimb trees to specified standards of safety and quality
*Winch may be a hand winch or tractor mounted*
Please note, if you need to fell trees with an effective diameter at felling height greater than 76cm/30″ then you must hold either CS33 or the new CS32 (post 2010). If a tractor winch is used the operator must be competent to use a tractor.
- Title: Assisted Fell Operations
- Course Code: Unit 301 (previously Unit 303)
- Cost: £375 plus VAT per person to include City & Guilds/NPTC Assessment, Registration, Certificate and ID Card.
Prices may vary depending on location and/or numbers.
- Duration: 2 days training plus assessment
Chainsaw Maintenance and Cross-Cutting (Unit 201)
Felling and Processing Trees up to 380mm (Unit 202) and
Felling and Processing Trees over 380mm (Unit 304)
If a tractor winch is used the operator must be competent to use a tractor.
Learners will require...
- A chainsaw complete with bar guide and supplied with two chains.
- High lift wedges and hammer
- Long felling lever
- Winch, strops and pulling rope
- Chainsaw helmet
- Chainsaw gloves
- Chainsaw trousers
- Chainsaw boots
- Fuel in appropriate container for own machine
- Packed lunch