Arm Mounted Cutter (Flail and/or Saw) Lantra ITA
Tractors are versatile pieces of machinery due to the ever expanding types of attachments available for them, such as the arm mounted flail cutter. It is important when using the flail cutter attachment that it is used correctly so to ensure that accidents do not happen, therefore gaining training is invaluable. Once you have successfully carried out this course you will receive a certificate of training for Arm Mounted Cutter (Flail and/or Saw).
Who is it for?
Our Lantra Arm Mounted Cutter course is suitable for both novices and experienced flail cutters, you will either be an experienced tractor driver or you will have attended a tractor driving course. Our course will allow you to develop and expand where necessary on the skills, safety and knowledge required in order to operate the flail cutter and tractor together safely and competently.
- Comply with legal requirements with an emphasis on safe practice.
- Identify the risks associated with the use of flail or saw cutters.
- Select the appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) and machine guarding.
- Identify and understand the controls and components of the machine.
- Carry out pre-start and daily checks and maintenance as indicated in the operator’s manual.
- Understand the added dangers of operating on the highway and in public areas.
- Put in place any signs or warnings in order to achieve a safe working environment.
- Inspect the work area for health and safety and environmental concerns.
- Safely start, stop and check all mechanisms including prime mover and cutter.
- Understand the stability factors associated with the use of side mounted equipment.
- Drive and operate the hydraulic controls to achieve an accurate cut.
- Operate the machine in a safe and competent manner, maintaining all round observation.
- Carry out after-use checks and maintenance.
- Title: Arm Mounted Cutter (Flail and/or Saw)
- Cost: £325 plus VAT per person to include Training, Registration, Assessment, Certificate & ID card - 1 Day
£595 plus VAT per person to include Training, Registration, Assessment, Certificate & ID card - 2 Days
Hire not included
Prices are based on full course of 2 people
- Duration: Ditches and Verges - 1 Day
Ditches, Verges and Hedges - 2 Days
- Pre-requisites: Experienced operators should hold a Tractor driving qualification
NB - Novice Operator – may need more time.
Learners will require...
- Overalls and safety boots, wet weather protection
- Suitable PPE: eye and ear protection, gloves.
- Operator’s instructor manuals for own machinery
- Packed lunch
This is a Lantra ITA course
This means the training and assessment is carried out during the course by your instructor. You will receive both a certificate of training and an ID card (if you provide a photo!) This method saves time and is usually cheaper although the level of training is identical to Independent Assessment.