Arboricultural Ground Worker (previously CS45/Unit 207) Unit 205 C&G
Individuals who operate ground working tasks as part of their work in arboriculture, forestry, or other industries. It will provide the individual with the knowledge, understanding and skills required to carry out arboricultural ground worker tasks, e.g., preparing equipment, setting equipment, and supporting aerial workers on site.
Who is it for?
Our Supporting Colleagues Undertaking Off Ground Tree Related Operations is suitable for you if you are over the age of 16 and wish to develop your knowledge, understanding and skills, and require proof of competence within your field of expertise across a range of learning routes/options.
You may be using your skills across a range of trees and timber operations. The course aims to ensure you can be confident the minimum standards of good working practices are observed/followed at all times.
This course has been devised with the key aim for you to successfully evidence your competence in forestry and arboriculture operations.
- Gain knowledge and understanding across a range of forestry and arboriculture functions and activities
- Be able to work effectively in a forestry and arboriculture environment, both independently and as part of a team
- Assess your ability to review and develop their own practices and carry out a range of practical forestry and arboriculture tasks, to the required industry standard
- Improve your awareness of health and safety legislation and how individuals can contribute to the Health and Safety Executive’s (HSE) agenda
- Obtain occupational competence and/or licence to practice or other legal requirements made by the relevant sector, professional or industry.
Due to the nature of our course a minimum level of fitness would be required for specific operations. Whilst we would not want to disadvantage any learner it is an essential requirement.
- Title: Arboricultural Ground Worker
- Course Code: Unit 205 (previously CS45/Unit 207)
- Cost: £250 plus VAT per person to include Registration, City & Guilds/NPTC Assessment, Certificate and ID card.
Prices may vary depending on location and/or numbers.
- Duration: 1 day plus assessment
This course can be completed in conjunction with Aerial Tree Rigging - Unit 303 (CS41 as was)
Additional cost is £70+VAT per candidate
Learners will require...
- Chainsaw PPE
- Waterproof Clothing
- Packed Lunch