The Safe Use of Aluminium Phosphide for Vertebrate Pest Control PA-AP C&G
Aluminium phosphide is a dangerous compound which can be hazardous to the health and safety of users, the general public and non-target animals, if used incorrectly. Our course will provide you with a full working knowledge of the relevant commercial products and application equipment. It’s ideal for anyone using aluminium phosphide in a commercial environment, such as pest control operatives, farmers, gamekeepers, and greenkeepers.
Who is it for?
Our course is suitable for anyone wishing to control vertebrates using aluminium phosphide in a commercial environment. This course will help you develop your knowledge of health and safety requirements, and prepare you for the City and Guilds/NPTC assessment ‘Level 2 Award in the Safe Use of Aluminium Phosphide for Vertebrate Pest Control’ (PA-AP)
- Safety, exposure prevention and first aid
- Environment and wildlife
- Label, product container, storage and transportation
- Application equipment, handling and disposal of excess pesticide and spillages
- Record keeping
- Title: Aluminium Phosphide
- Course Code: PA-AP
- Cost: £335+VAT per person to include training, City & Guilds/NPTC assessment, certificate, and ID card
Lantra refresher also available, without assessment, at £180+VAT to include certificate of attendance
Prices may vary depending on location and/or numbers
- Duration: 1 day plus assessment on a separate day
Learners will require...
- PPE – nitrile gloves, coverall (type 5 or 6), and work boots
- Full-face respiratory protection equipment to EN136 with a single or combination B2/P3 filter to EN14387B1, or equivalent
- Metal probe (pricker/dibber – to find runs or burrows)
- Packed lunch, drinks, snacks