Aerial Tree Pruning Course (previously CS40) Unit 307 C&G ITA
Aerial Tree Pruning requires you to climb trees and use the relevant ropes and harness, along with a chainsaw, in order to carry out pruning operations. It is therefore essential when combining these activities that you have all round total confidence and expertise in what you are doing, so to avoid any accidents.
Our course Aerial Tree Pruning will provide you with the appropriate techniques and safety guidelines to ensure that you are not only confident when using a chainsaw and tree climbing but also aware of relevant health and safety guidelines making sure you stay protected.
This course will prepare you for the City and Guilds/NPTC – Award in Aerial Tree Pruning.
You will need to have CS30, 31, 38 and 39 or Units 201, 202, 203, 206, 306 & 308.
Who is it for?
Our Aerial Tree Pruning course is available to you if you are involved in forestry, arboriculture, woodland industries, local authorities or conservation. You must be experienced in climbing trees using a rope and harness (work positioning system) and in the use of chainsaw from a rope and harness. This course is physical, so you must be fit, and not on any medication that could affect your judgement or safety.
- Risk assessment and summary of legislation
- Equipment inspection procedures
- Good climbing practice
- Recognise different species and appropriate cuts
- Final pruning position and 123 method
- Types of pruning
- Safety considerations and hand signals
- Crown thinning
- Crown reduction
- Title: Aerial Tree Pruning
- Course Code: Unit 307 (previously CS40)
- Cost: £335 plus VAT per person to include Registration, Certificate & ID Card.
Prices may vary depending on location and/or numbers.
- Duration: 2 days including Intregrated City & Guilds NPTC Assessment.
Chainsaw Maintenance and Cross-Cutting (Units 201/202)
Felling and Processing Trees up to 380mm (Unit 203) and
Tree Climbing & Aerial Rescue (Units 206 & 306) and
Aerial Cutting of Trees using Freefall Techniques (Unit 308)
Learners will require...
- Climbing equipment
- Hand saw for tree work
- First aid kit
- Lightweight chainsaw
- Tools, fuel and oil
- Chainsaw PPE
- Top handled chainsaw and/ or rear handled chainsaw
- Packed lunch