Aerial Cutting of Trees using Freefall Techniques (previously CS39) Unit 308 C&G
Our use of a chainsaw from a rope and harness course will provide you with the appropriate techniques and safety guidelines to ensure that you are not only comfortable when using a chainsaw in a tree but also aware of relevant health and safety guidelines.
This course can be completed at the same time as Basic Tree Climbing and Aerial Rescue – Units 206/306 (CS38 as was). Please click here for details. There is as cost saving to completing both together!
Who is it for?
If you hold the NPTC Level 2 Award in Climb Trees and Perform Aerial Rescue CS38 or Unit 206 & 306, then this course is available to you. Or you can still participate in this course by integrating the training from CS38 with this course.
You must also have CS30 & CS31 or Units 201, 202 & 203 – maintenance, cross cutting and felling of small trees, you must be physically fit, and not on any medication that could affect your health, and you must not suffer from vertigo.
Our use of a chainsaw from a rope and harness course provides the knowledge and skills required for you to gain assessment for the NTPC Level 2 – Award in Aerial Cutting of Trees with a Chainsaw using Freefall Techniques.
- Understand the legislation and safety guidelines pertaining to the use of a chainsaw from a rope and harness.
- Understand the safety considerations to be observed in organising a work site.
- Carry out pre-start checks to the chainsaw, cold and hot starting techniques.
- Demonstrate techniques for hauling chainsaws into the tree and attaching them appropriately to the harness.
- Use appropriate techniques for establishing secure and comfortable work positions.
- Demonstrate the appropriate use of various step and sink cuts and correct final pruning cuts.
- Use top-handled and lightweight rear-handled chainsaws in a safe and efficient manner to remove light and medium weight branches.
- Understand and fulfil the duties and responsibilities of a competent ground person.
- Title: Aerial Cutting of Trees using Freefall Techniques
- Course Code: Unit 308 (previously CS39)
- Cost: £315 plus VAT including 2 Days Training and 1/2 Day City and Guilds/NPTC Assessment, Certificate and ID Card.
Prices may vary depending on location and/or numbers.
- Duration: 2 Days Training plus 1/2 Day Assessment.
Chainsaw Maintenance and Cross-Cutting (Units 201/202)
Felling and Processing Trees up to 380mm (Unit 203) and
Tree Climbing & Aerial Rescue (Units 206 & 306)
Learners will require...
- Chainsaw, Top or rear handled
- Climbing equipment
- Hand saw for tree work
- First aid kit
- Tools, fuel and oil
- Packed lunch