Abrasive Wheels Training - Bench Mounted, Hand Held Electrical Lantra ITA
Abrasive wheels are essential equipment in many industries, and the range of abrasive wheels now available makes them even more flexible and effective workshop tools. However inexperience or carelessness in the use of abrasive wheels can be very dangerous, and serious accidents can and do occur without proper training.
Training is a legal requirement. The Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998 (PUWER) require employers to provide adequate training and to ensure that abrasive wheels are operated only by employees who have received appropriate training in their safe use. If you are self-employed, the regulations still apply.
Who is it for?
If your working environment involves the use of bench mounted, hand held electrical/engine driven abrasive wheel tools, and you want to ensure the effective and safe use of them, then this course will provide you with the knowledge to make sure that the abrasive wheel tools are being operated correctly and safely, and you will attain a certificate of training in bench mounted, hand held electrical / engine driven abrasive wheel tools.
- Understand the nature of the hazards and identify the causes.
- Recognise and understand requirements and responsibilities under the current legislation.
- Understand the characteristics of abrasive and their action.Interpret and understand the marking system of abrasive wheels.
- Recognise the need for careful handling of abrasive wheels and carry out visual check and ring tests (bench grinders).
- Understand and identify what speeds should be adhered to in wheel selection.
- Identify main components and understand their functions.
- Mount an abrasive wheel and /or a diamond blade.
- Understand the difference between truing and dressing a wheel, undertake dressing a wheel and identify dressers (bench grinders).
- Adjust work rests correctly (bench grinders).
- Use operating precautions and be aware of avoiding hazardous conditions.
- Demonstrate their knowledge on abrasive wheels and diamond blades.
- Carry out daily maintenance on petrol powered machines.
- Title: Abrasive Wheels
- Cost: £155 plus VAT per person to include Registration, Assessment, Certificate.
Prices may vary depending on location and/or numbers.
- Duration: 1 day
- Pre-requisites: None
**Group discount may be available**
Learners will require...
- Eye protection (CE EN166 B).
- Suitable protective workshop clothing.
- Bench mounted grinder, petrol driven saw, and hand held machines (relevant to each course) in safe working order.
- Packed Lunch
This is a Lantra ITA course
This means the training and assessment is carried out during the course by your instructor. You will receive both a certificate of training and an ID card (if you provide a photo!) This method saves time and is usually cheaper although the level of training is identical to Independent Assessment.