Stem Injection PA6INJ C&G
Pesticides are very widely and successfully used in land-based industries, but they can be potentially harmful substances, therefore it is essential that they are handled, applied and stored correctly, therefore making training essential. Our Stem Injection training course has experienced instructors who will guide you through the appropriate and safe use of equipment.
Who is it for?
Our one day course (half day if you hold PA6) focusing on the stem injection method of applying pesticides for the control of invasive species such as Japanese Knotweed, Himalayan Balsam, Giant Hog Weed etc.
This course will help you develop your knowledge of health and safety requirements, and prepare you for the City and Guilds/NPTC assessment PA6INJ.
Before attending this course you will have already attended the Safe Use of Pesticides course.
- Legislative and safety regulation relating to pesticide injection equipment
- Assess environmental factors relating to the site
- Complete an environmental risk assessment
- Read and interpret product information
- Prepare and calibrate the pesticide injection equipment
- Inject pesticides
- Post operational procedures
- Title: Stem Injection
- Course Code: PA6INJ
- Cost: £230 plus VAT for full day (if not holding PA6) or £205 plus VAT for half day (if holding PA6) per person to include Registration City & Guilds/NPTC Assessment, Certificate & ID card.
Prices may vary depending on location and/or numbers.
Equipment can be hired at £15 plus VAT per day.
- Duration: 1/2 day if you currently hold PA6 plus assessment.
1 day if you do not hold PA6 plus assessment.
- Pre-requisites: Safe Use of Pesticides (PA1)
Learners will require...
- Calculator and writing materials.
- Applicator - A minimum of one CLEAN applicator is required between two learners.
- Product labels - Learners are encouraged to bring clean examples of product labels.
- Personal Protective Equipment/Clothing.
- Packed lunch.
This course requires completion of Safe Use of Pesticides (PA1)
Costs: £110 + VAT plus £105 + VAT for Assessment
Duration: 1 day + online Assessment