Health & Safety – Working at Heights (including Ladders) Lantra
Working at height routinely causes the highest number of major injuries and fatalities in the UK work place. Where accidents occur as a result of working at height they can often be life changing for the victim and costly for the employer.
This course will support the development of knowledge and understanding of health & safety concerns when working at height. Critically, this knowledge and understanding will be developed in such a way as to promote consistent, real world application of good health and safety practice and compliance in accordance with law.
This course has been developed with regard to up to date regulation and approved codes of practice and includes a customisable practical session focusing on specific, relevant equipment.
This course also includes the safe use of ladders/step-ladders.
Who is it for?
This course will benefit those who are looking to join the UK workforce, those who are new to the UK workforce and those who wish to progress within the sector.
UK employers will benefit from ensuring their practices, procedures and people comply with health and safety legislation and good practice.
Learners wishing to proceed to accredited qualifications will benefit from this course’s inclusive and engaging approac
- An Introduction to Working at Height
- Health & Safety: Regulatory Frameworks
- Health & Safety: Risk Management
- Cause and Consequence
- Accessing Workplaces at Height
- Health & Safety Collaboration and Communication
- Electricity – Overhead Power Lines
- Final Thoughts
- Practical Session
- Title: Health & Safety – Working at Heights (including Ladders)
- Cost: £125 plus VAT per person to include Registration & Certificate of Attendance. Discounts maybe available - Please contact for details.
Prices may vary depending on location and/or numbers.
- Duration: New Learners - 1 day
Learners will require...
- Work gloves
- Hard hat
- Suitable ladder (if you wish to use your own)
- Packed lunch