Professional Wasp and Bee Control Lantra ITA
This course is designed to help people plan and carry out effective wasp and bee control and management. It is intended to give candidates a full working knowledge of both the biology and behaviour of the insects, their habitats and the reasons for their control. Furthermore, it aims to highlight the some of the risks associated with their control and also give delegates an understanding of the positive and negative impacts of wasp and bees.
For those wishing to do this as an online eLearning course – please click here for details.
Who is it for?
Our one day training course covering Wasp and Bee Control is for people who are looking to learn about and attain a certificate in the biology and control methods.
Once you have successfully completed and passed the knowledge assessment you will receive a certificate of training. If you have further career aspirations in pest control then this course will also count towards evidence of achievement of a Level 2 Award in Pest Control.
- Legislation that affects pest management
- Common terms for using biocides
- Public health biocides product labels
- Safe storage and transport of biocides
- Disposal of biocides and containers
- Keeping biocide records
- Introduction to hymenoptera
- Wasp species and biology
- Nest building and surveys
- Reasons for control
- Safety and legislation
- Non-chemical control and monitoring
- Chemical control options
- Honey bees: biology and control
- Other key species
- Title: Professional Wasp and Bee Control
- Cost: £150 plus VAT per person to include Training, Registration, Assessment, Certificate & ID Card.
Prices may vary depending on location and/or numbers.
- Duration: 1 Day
This is a Lantra ITA course
This means the training and assessment is carried out during the course by your instructor. You will receive both a certificate of training and an ID card (if you provide a photo!) This method saves time and is usually cheaper although the level of training is identical to Independent Assessment.