Powered Pole Pruner (previously CS48) Unit 205 Lantra or C&G
Our Powered Pole Pruners course will provide you with the appropriate techniques and safety guidelines to ensure that you are not only confident when using a powered pole pruner but also aware of relevant health and safety guidelines making sure you stay protected.
Who is it for?
Our Powered Pole Pruner course is available for you if you work in arboriculture, forestry, horticulture, landscaping or grounds maintenance, and currently use or will be required to use a powered pole pruners.
This course is physical, so you must be fit and able to carry out the tasks required of the course programme.
This is a one day course, however if you are inexperienced the course may take longer in order for you to fully utilise the training available.
This course can be assessed on the day (ITA)
- Personal protective equipment
- Safety and health features of a pruning saw
- Maintenance and sharpening of a pruning saw
- Fuelling and starting a pruning saw and performing pre-cutting checks
- Adjusting the engine
- On site risk assessments
- Pruning and cutting techniques
- Removing a trapped saw
- Clearing the site and pruning saw checks
- Title: Powered Pole Pruner
- Course Code: Unit 205 (previously CS48)
- Cost: Lantra ITA £260 plus VAT per person to include Training, Registration, Certificate & ID card (or £150 plus VAT per person for those holding their CS30 or Units 201/202 qualification or equivalent).
C&G/NPTC £260 plus VAT per person to include Training, Registration, Certificate & ID card (or £150 plus VAT per person for those holding their CS30 or Units 201/202 qualification or equivalent).
Prices may vary depending on location and/or numbers..
- Duration: 2 days Lantra ITA (or 1 day if you currently hold your CS30 or Units 201/202 qualification or equivalent).
2 days for City & Guilds/NPTC Training and Integrated Assessment (or 1 day if you currently hold your CS30 or Units 202/202 qualification or equivalent).
- Pre-requisites: None
**Group discount may be available**
Learners will require...
- Powered pole pruner complying with safety regulations.
- Operators' instruction books and service manuals for all machinery.
- Notebook and pencil.
- Safety helmet.
- Ear defenders.
- Visor or safety goggles.
- Gloves with close fitting cuffs.
- Safety boots.
- Hi-visibility clothing.
- Fuel in appropriate container for own machine.
- Tool kit for own machine.
- Packed Lunch.