MEWP (boom – trailed or vehicle mounted or self propelled) Lantra ITA
A Boom -Trailed, Vehicle mounted or self propelled mobile elevated work platform (MEWP) allows you to work at height. However operating this type of machinery does require safety to be adhered to at all times in order to avoid any potential accidents.
Our MEWP integrated training and assessment course will help you to understand the regulations and safety requirements to ensure that you are confident in operating the equipment.
Who is it for?
Our course is for you if you work in the land-based or construction industry and currently use, or are going to be using a boom mobile elevated work platform.
Once you have completed the course and passed, you will receive a certificate of training in MEWPs, the certificate will be endorsed with the type of MEWP you trained on.
- Construction, components and controls
- Specific legislation/guidance on MEWPs (PUWER and LOLER)
- Pre start checks and emergency procedures
- Risk assessment
- Using an assistant (banksman)
- Operating machine from the ground and platform
- Clearing debris and leaving site tidy
- Packing away machine and transportation
- Title: Mobile Elevated Work Platform (MEWP)
- Cost: £260 plus VAT per person to include Training, Registration, Assessment, Certificate & ID card.
Prices may vary depending on location and/or numbers.
- Duration: 2 days training
Learners will require...
- Operator instruction book and attachments.
- Overalls and wet weather clothing.
- High visibility jacket.
- PPE (minimum hard hat, safety harness, work gloves, safety boots, lanyard and karabiners).
- Notebook and pencil.
- Packed lunch.
This is a Lantra ITA course
This means the training and assessment is carried out during the course by your instructor. You will receive both a certificate of training and an ID card (if you provide a photo!) This method saves time and is usually cheaper although the level of training is identical to Independent Assessment.