Hand Held Applicators - Hydraulic Nozzle Training PA6A C&G
Pesticides are very widely and successfully used in land-based industries, but they can be potentially harmful substances, therefore it is essential that they are handled, applied and stored correctly, making training essential. Our assessment course in Hand Held Applicators – Hydraulic Nozzle, has experienced instructors who will guide you through the appropriate and safe use of the hand held applicator.
Who is it for?
If you are involved in the application of pesticides with hand held hydraulic nozzle applicators, then our training course is for you. This course will help you develop your knowledge of health and safety requirements, and prepare you for the City and Guilds/NPTC assessment PA6A.
Before attending this course you will have already attended the Safe Use of Pesticides course.
- Basics of spray application
- Hygiene and Personal Protective Equipment
- The working principles of a knapsack
- Preparation of the applicator for work
- Calibrating a knapsack
- Mixing, filling and site work
- Calibration – concentration method
- Decontamination, tank washing and storage
- Title: Knapsack Sprayers
- Course Code: PA6A
- Cost: £230 plus VAT per person to include Registration City & Guilds/NPTC Assessment, Certificate & ID card (£50 plus VAT extra for Around Water).
Prices may vary depending on location and/or numbers.
- Duration: 1 day + Assessment
- Pre-requisites: Safe Use of Pesticides (PA1)
Learners will require...
- Calculator and writing materials.
- Handouts from the Safe Use of Pesticides course.
- Applicator - A minimum of one CLEAN applicator is required between two learners
- Product labels - Learners should be encouraged to bring clean examples of product labels.
- Personal Protective Equipment.
- Measuring jugs, large and small.
- Marker poles.
- Packed lunch.
This course requires completion of Safe Use of Pesticides (PA1)
Costs: £110 + VAT plus £105 + VAT for Assessment
Duration: 1 day + online Assessment