Hand Held Hedge Trimmer Course Lantra ITA
This one day course – Hand Held Hedge Trimmer integrated training and assessment will provide you with the appropriate techniques and safety guidelines to make sure that you use the trimmer safely and with confidence, and that you understand the relevant regulations and safety requirements.
Hand held hedge trimmers are an effective mobile hand held piece of equipment. Due to the mobility of the hedge trimmer it is important that it’s used correctly and adequate training has taken place to ensure that accidents do not happen.
Once you have successfully carried out this course you will receive a certificate of training for Hand Held Hedge Trimmer
Who is it for?
Our Lantra Hand Held Hedge Trimmer is available to you if you wish to update your skills or / and would like to satisfy health and safety regulation in relation to the safe use of hand held hedge trimmers at work.
- Legislation and Health and safety features
- Risk assessment
- Choosing personal protective equipment
- Hedge types and growth habits
- Daily Maintenance and checks
- Fuelling and starting a hedge trimmer and performing pre-cutting checks
- Adjusting the hedge trimmer idling
- Environmental considerations
- Hedge cutting on site
- Awareness of working at height
- Clearing site and hedge trimmer checks
We can also provide City & Guilds/NPTC Assessment for this course at an extra cost if required.
- Title: Hand Held Hedge Trimmer
- Cost: £150 plus VAT per person to include Training, Registration, Certificate & ID card.
Prices may vary depending on location and/or numbers.
- Duration: 1 day
- Pre-requisites: None
Learners will require...
- Suitable Hedge Trimmer
- Operators maintenance kit and equipment
- Fuel and oil as required
- Packed Lunch
This is a Lantra ITA course
This means the training and assessment is carried out during the course by your instructor. You will receive both a certificate of training and an ID card (if you provide a photo!) This method saves time and is usually cheaper although the level of training is identical to Independent Assessment.