Forward and Side Tipping Dumpers (Wheeled) Lantra ITA
Forward and Side tipping dumpers are used throughout the land-based and construction industries and are a key piece of machinery on site as they are able to handle a mixture of terrain and carry large loads, making them a flexible piece of equipment.
This course can also be offered as NPORS, please contact us for details of prices and duration.
Who is it for?
Our one day course is for anyone with experience who uses the forward or side tipping dumper (wheeled), in either land-based industries or the construction industry, and will provide you with the opportunity to practice and update your skills, and gain certification. The course will allow you to develop the skills and knowledge required in order to operate the machine in a safe and confident manner.
If you are a novice you would need to attend our two day training course.
- Identify the basic construction and components, and the purpose and use of all its controls and gauges.
- Identify and comply with manufacturers’ instructions in accordance with the operator’s handbook, other information sources, and applicable legislation (PUWER, LOLER).
- Carry out all pre-use and running checks.
- Set the dumper for site and road travel.
- Travel over differing types of terrain, including rough undulating ground, both in a loaded and unloaded state.
- Travel up and down substantial inclines in a loaded and unloaded state.
- Manoeuvre in confined areas using forward and reverse direction, in a loaded and unloaded state.
- Position the dumper to receive loads.
- Comply with loading procedures.
- Ensure load integrity and security.Discharge loads into trenches or over edges.
- Place the dumper in an out-of-service condition.
- Explain the loading and unloading procedures on and off a transporter.
- Title: Forward and Side Tipping Dumpers (Wheeled)
- Cost: Refresher Training
Duration: 1 day
Costs: £185 plus VAT per person to include training, registration and certificates. Tipping Dumper hire is at additional cost (unless supplied by the trainee).
This is based on full course of 4 people.
Duration: 2 days
Costs: £310 plus VAT per person to include registration and certificates. Tipping Dumper hire is at additional cost (unless supplied by the trainee).
Prices may vary depending on location and/or numbers.
- Duration: 1 or 2 days (Depending on experience).
This is a Lantra ITA course
This means the training and assessment is carried out during the course by your instructor. You will receive both a certificate of training and an ID card (if you provide a photo!) This method saves time and is usually cheaper although the level of training is identical to Independent Assessment.