B+E Car and Trailer Training Driver Standards Agency
If you took your car driving test after the 1st January 1997 you are restricted to the size of trailer you can tow behind your vehicle.
The restrictions are:
Driving a vehicle up to 3.5 tonnes MAM* towing a trailer/caravan up to 750 kgs MAM*, or a vehicle trailer/caravan combination up to 3.5 tonnes MAM* providing the MAM* of the trailer/caravan does not exceed the unladen mass of the towing vehicle.
* Maximum Authorised Mass
Who is it for?
Anyone wishing to tow a trailer/caravan who passed their driving test after 1st January 1997 where the trailer/caravan is over the above limits.
- Safety Checks of Vehicle and Trailer/Caravan
- Road Driving
- Unhitching and Recoupling
- DSA Test with qualified driving instructor
- Title: B+E Car and Trailer Training
- Cost: Two Day - £485 plus VAT per person to include Test Fee, Instructor, Vehicle and Trailer Hire
Three Day - £595 plus VAT per person to include Test Fee, Instructor, Vehicle and Trailer Hire
Prices may vary depending on location and/or numbers.
- Duration: 2 or 3 days depending on experience.
2 days recommended for those with previous trailer driving experience or 3 days for beginners or those with little experience.
- Pre-requisites: Must hold a full driving licence
Learners will require...
- Both the photo and paper part of your Driving Licence will be required for the test. Please ensure that the photo part is in date or this will not be valid for the Driving Test. Your Driving Licence should also show your current address.
- If you have an old style licence you will also need an in date passport as a form of ID.
- Driving glasses or contact lenses that meet your requirements for driving a vehicle.