4 x 4 Off Road Driving Lantra ITA
There are three courses in our 4×4 suite, professional, recreational and experienced user. All sessions are to be completed for each course, the recreational training will be completed on a lesser level of terrain (nursery and intermediate slopes only) and there will be no assessment, the experienced user training will put emphasis on sessions where there is a requirement for more training, this course will be assessed.
The aim of the assessment is to ensure successful learners have adequate knowledge and understanding to operate 4x4s safely, that is they have received and understood the training. It is only through experience and practice they will become proficient enabling them to operate safely in a range of situations avoiding undue risks.
Who is it for?
Any person who is will be required to operate a 4×4 vehicle in an off road environment. All learners must be able to demonstrate that they are competent in driving normal vehicles in a road situation and hold a current driving licence.
- Comply with legal requirements emphasising safe practice.
- Identify risks associated with using a 4×4 vehicle off road.
- Select and use appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Understand the main causes of accidents.
- Identify the controls and components of the vehicle.
- Perform pre-start checks.
- Prepare the vehicle for use off road.
- Assess the suitability of the ground/route.
- Identify and report faults.
- Perform a failed hill climb.
- Drive over a variety of terrain (appropriate to the vehicle type).
- Perform an on-site risk assessment.
- Identify the loading/towing capacities.
- Understand legal and practical requirements for off road driving
- Identify the dangers of vehicle self recovery.
- Title: 4 x 4 Off Road Driving
- Cost: Price on Application
Prices may vary depending on location and/or numbers.
- Duration: Depending on Experience
This course must be held on a Lantra Approved 4 x 4 site.
Learners will require...
- Safety boots
- Warm clothing (if required)
- Suitable vehicle (available for hire at an additional charge)
This is a Lantra ITA course
This means the training and assessment is carried out during the course by your instructor. You will receive both a certificate of training and an ID card (if you provide a photo!) This method saves time and is usually cheaper although the level of training is identical to Independent Assessment.